Sylwia Fabiańczyk-Makuch, PhD
Sylwia Fabiańczyk-Makuch graduated with honours from I.J. Paderewski Music University in Poznań (branch in Szczecin) with the specialization in choir conducting under the supervision of prof. J. Szyrocki. Sylwia Fabiańczyk-Makuch is also a graduate of the Postgraduate Studies for Choirmasters at the Feliks Nowowiejski Academy of Music in Bydgoszcz. In September 2011 she obtained her PhD degree at the Fryderyk Chopin Music University in Warsaw. She received the post-doctoral degree in September 2017 at the Academy of Music in Gdańsk.
She holds the following awards:
- Medal of Honour Merit for Polish Culture (award of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage),
- Bronze Medal Merit for Culture Gloria Artis (award of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage),
- Silver Cross of Merit (award of the President of the Republic of Poland),
- Diploma of Honours for the Culture and Promotion of the West Pomerania (award of the Marshal of the West Pomeranian Voivodeship),
- Honour Golden Badge of the Polish Union of Choirs and Orchestras,
- medal of the Commission of National Education for outstanding contribution to education and upbringing,
- West Pomeranian Nobel in the field of artistic sciences,
- titles of the best conductor at numerous choral festivals and competitions (Chełmno, Głogów, Legnica, Prague, Bratislava, Lublin).
Sylwia Fabiańczyk-Makuch is also a member of Jury at choral festivals and competitions and since 2001 she organizes and conducts voice emission courses. In the years 2008-2012 she was a conductor of a Choir of the Complex of Secondary Music Schools in Szczecin. In 2015 she founded the Pomerania Singers vocal ensemble, with whom she presents in significant artistic events in the city and the region, cooperating with the most important artistic institutions. With this ensemble she released a CD with works by Romuald Twardowski (Sea Triptych) and the Mass Stella Maris, op.49 No. 4 for mixed choir and organ by Feliks Nowowiejski. Employed at the Academy of Art in Szczecin, Sylwia Fabianczyk-Makuch works as a teacher of choral conducting, scores reading and vocal ensembles leading methodology. She is also employed as the director of the Academic Culture Center at the Maritime University of Szczecin. She holds a position of the artistic director of the Polish Union of Choirs and Orchestras, branch in Szczecin and the artistic director of a unique Common Sounds project proposed by the Choir of Maritime University of Szczecin.